Monday, March 30, 2015

Sailing times


Well, actually, some people refers to kitesurfing as sailing, kite or sail, we are still glidind on the water pulled by the a big sheet of cloth. I guess that works.

Spring is here, and wind is blowing. We had a 5k all together this morning, and the girls did great. Myself, I was limping behind. Yesterday, I thought I was ready and I did a mid-length run, and I had to stop and walk after 1h20, with a left knee crying for help. This morning, I was paying the full price. Who said I learned my lessons ?
But with this last race, I closed **officially** the running season.
Time for the sailing season.


Busy Kanaha. Beautiful Sunday afternoon, good wind,
barely no waves. But this winter was almost without wind,
and people were all out.
It has been so long I did not kitesurf, between bad conditions and marathon training, it looked like 3 months or so. Which is is insane for Maui. But this winter was good for surf, with a lot of offshore winds. If you do both, you can rarely be disappointed here.

Toe side, decently powered on my 6m.
Session was short, I was worried to injure myself even more.
There were few waves to play with, but good a dozen of them still. Mostly wind swell. They were calling for some 3-5 foot ground swell, and I suppose it was out there, but totally wiped out by the 25 knots of wind. But it was pleasant, after all that time.

Little girl wants to fly.
Yes, it is that windy on the beach.
I am leaving in a couple of days for California, and Mexico afterward, then it is likely that will be my last session before a while. But if there is one thing on Maui I am not too worried about, it is the kiting days. For May to November, it is likely to blow every day now. I might try to head for Baldwind beach now, because in Kanaha, the summer waves are really small, and I cry for better surf. In any case, I have other things on my mind now.
I have to pack my bag, and I am super stoke about what s coming in a less than 10 days.
A life changing experience.
Again?


No comments :

Post a Comment