Friday, March 6, 2015

Tail Bone Down



I was not kidding when I said I was going to refocus on my yoga practice. On top of my sun salutation in the morning, I try to add one half- to one hour of practice every day.
That is a lot, actually.

Puppy pose. Is it a sexual reference for grown up puppies?

It always have been difficult for me to focus on such long practices or stretching, which sound paradoxical when I can run 3 hours almost in circle. I suppose it all comes down to the ability to cut yourself from the actual action and go into the flow.
But easy or not, I have to stick to it, at least until the race. We are so close now than any injury at this point would be really a concern.

Pigeon Pose.
Let's say it is aspirational.

The good news is it seems to bring fruits already. Between the week of rest, the re-organization of my backbone and the daily stretches and yoga I was able to - slowly- run again. Today, I even went for a easy one hour and half run. I felt surprisingly well and barely did not feel my right hip.
The times between today and one month ago, for the same course, are identical. And I did not have the feeling of forcing at all.

Even if it is pouring outside, it is shining inside, and the moral is going up.
Who knows, I might even be able to run this damn thing at my full capacities.
I am starting to dream again of going under 4 hours.


No comments :

Post a Comment