Saturday, March 21, 2015

Race Day


Or close enough. The evening just before.
I like this moment where I prepare my stuff the night before the race. The calm before the storm. A short meditative practice where you rehearse in your mind the first steps in the morning, the ultimate preparation and the morning drive.

Your typical running gear. Vaseline ? checked.
GPS ? checked. Shoes ? Checked.

It is surprising how meticulous I am in those moments. Same with the boat preparation before a trip. Usually, I am the messy kind, and my "office"  living space and work area is well disorganized.
But this is another matter, somehow.
A small oversight can cost you 4 hours of pain. 
Or a DNF. 
I am still wondering why did I sign for this thing...
Or for the next one, in December, in Honolulu.
Well, one step at a time.
Now, the focus is to get up a 5AM, eat properly, get dressed and ride to town.
And after that, I am gonna run.  And run more. And a little more.
One step at a time ...






No comments :

Post a Comment