Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What about a dream ?

Let summarize. I have goal. It has to be public. (yes, it is coming ..patience .. patience .. you sound like my daughter). For accountability. I need this goal to get back in control of my life ? path ? journey ?

Well, back in the day, I had a dream (yes, not this one). A cool one. seemed very hard to accomplish 20 years ago.
"Leave France, Moving to US and go working in the silicon valley. Make video games. Be rich."


Just did it.  (except the rich part, of course). What is after the dream ?

You can realize yours dreams. I just proved it.


Another one ? somebody else to convince you ?
read this:

http://www.sailfeed.com/sailings-seriously-simple-stupid

Cruising the world on a sailboat. As it is said. it is simply stupid (to do).

The fear of death?
"I hate that the whole of the sailing industry seems to revolve around placing fear in people. Or if not placing the fear, at least assuaging a fear that the industry knows full well is overblown to begin with. Sure the ocean can be a dangerous place. Yes, we get it. Nobody is disputing that fact. But more dangerous than what? Driving to work? One in five thousand die driving. The ocean may be scarier at times, but certainly not more dangerous. More dangerous than being killed by poisoning? One in eighty-six thousand of us will go that way. Who amongst us honestly believes we are more likely to meet our maker whilst cruising the Bahamas? Come on. And even if it were more likely, which would you rather?"

Just have to train.
Half a dozen years ago, seems like eternity, I was learning to Surf, and so excited about it, was sharing it and maybe overwhelming all my coworkers around me.
One friend told me, "my dream is to get into the tube". I know it was just a way of saying, it was certainly not his ultimate "dream".
Anyway, it stuck to me. How easy it would be to realize his dream. Just have to paddle out. And again. again. And again. Eventually, you will make it. Yes, Dude.

Nowadays, i realized how hard it is to get in the tube - lol -.At the time, I told me, well, give it a couple of years, does not look so difficult. I surfed there. OB. Several years. 
Those days, I never made it to the outside. Not that easy. Really. Trust me.


Running on empty.
Most of our dreams are in fact pretty accessible. Those which are not (I want to be rich !) are certainly bad ideas anyway. The issue is how much are you ready to sacrifice, how much do you really want it, and how many of those do you really have to realize ;)


This is where this goal idea comes from. A small step in the right direction. I have a new dream. Took me 5 years to realize I needed a new one. I was running on one empty tank. I guess not everybody needs a dream to get driven forward. Not me. I need a focus. Right now, this one seems pretty far. Maybe unreachable. Maybe not. Maybe I will share it someday. Maybe not. I just hope that if I manage to realize this one (the dream) I will be old enough to not need a new one. It is exhausting ;)

This goal is part of this dream. And this goal is achievable. Certainly. With some help (which I have) and some patience (which I lack).


No comments :

Post a Comment