Thursday, July 11, 2013

But... What about the other stuff ?



Like kiting.

Today was the first day in two weeks I found the time to go. Windy as usual, 25-30mph, good power on my 6m. Fun. No waves though, typical summer setup.
Today was a rest day in my marathon training. I don't think kiting is recommended for a rest day, specially when you are struggling with a hip flexor recurring pain. 
Hey, we are who we are.

My brand new 6m, 2013. Pretty ? 
Sized for a girl, perfect for Maui's wind


Then, how will I reconcile Kiting and training for a run 4 days on 7 ? Not sure yet, but the key point will be "Moderation". Kiting only a couple of time in the week make you really enjoy it. As an addict, I always tried to do more. Kite everyday. Twice a day. If no wind, surf. Paddleboard. Whatever to get a fix.
Now, maybe I am getting older, but less is better. In fact, I dont see like kiting everyday in poor conditions (too windy, no surf - I know, not the typical poor conditions you can imagine - I lived in South California too, I know what I am taslking about).

Kanaha in summer, end of week day. 
Half a dozen kite in the water.
Flat, but still blowing 25mph.


From this perspective, Summer on Maui is kind of a boring season for kiting. Really. Winter is way more exciting.
Then, training for running in summer seems like a good idea, isn't it ?


No comments :

Post a Comment