Sunday, July 21, 2013

First Doubts


"You can, and will, run anyway. And you will be really glad you did when you are finished."


Yesterday was my first doubts about this whole thing. And that matches with the end of my second week. Only 14 to go ;) For the first time I could imagine not finishing it (and it almost did not start yet). What if I am hurt ? What if the pain is too acute ?

All started by a short night - too much work - and a long Saturday - still working. Bad timing, it was my planned weekly long run. Walked the dog, couple of miles. Coming up the hill, a real tenderness in the right calf. Surprise, I am not used to have pain except in the hip. Almost 6:30 now, and the sun is going down in less than an hour, don't have time to drive anywhere to have a nice forest run. That will be the road next to the house or nothing. And this is a 6 miles on asphalt. Still this pain in the calf. That's it, I am calling it off. 
I will run tomorrow.


Kula Road to Portugal ?

Until I remembered this vivid passage in my book: There will be days you won't feel like it. Plenty of excuses. Pain, tiredness, work, kids. Just go. Because it doesn't matter.

Then I just went. And I am glad I finished this week on a positive note. Hold my miles for this second week. And the pain went away around the second mile. I need to stretch those calf way better.

Second week in the bag !

No comments :

Post a Comment