Saturday, July 19, 2014

Oxnard - Day 12

Got plenty of boxes yesterday, it means plenty of work.
I get up early, as usual, 6:30AM.
Boat is beautiful in the morning light, even on the hard.


My condo,

I start with the Bilge pump,

Way more complicated than expected,
I keep the finish (holes etc..) for later.
Finally found the stainless steel ring I was looking for.
Now, the traveler should be alright.

That is the stern setup for the Jordan drogue.
In theories, 6000 Lbs of working load.
Big Big Pad Eye.
Work is not going as fast  as expected, buit goign forward at least.
I decided to let the yard do their job for the tricky stuff, I am focusing on the easy - but time consuming - part. I still started to work on the shaft, and eventually got the coupler.
My gosh, all is rusty, frozen, impossible to uise the packing gland, and even to separate the coupler from the transmission, after the bolt removed. Crazy.

My new tool.
Cut every thing.
Almost everything :(

Solar panel cables.
It is ugly, but it was - relatively- simple.
Should be enough for now.


And don't worry for all those outdated electronics. They were barely working, and now, as I removed all the electrical cables in the back :), they are absolutely useless.
Useless ? not really. they act as cap. If I remove them, I have a huge hole in the cockpit.
Tomorrow ? A little bit of the same...

No comments :

Post a Comment