Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Never back down


Back home, I started again to run more seriously. Even if I was able to maintain some decent 2 hours long run in Santa Monica, the weekly mileage was overall pretty low. That's okay, I have other things on my mind. Still, I planned this Sunday morning a wake-up run, 14 miles, all the way down to Kahului, all the way up back home.

I meant, figuratively

It did not ended up pretty :)
A wise runner said something around those lines : "when you train for a marathon, you do not simulate the first 10 miles, you try to run the last 8 miles". Which are the harder one, obviously.
Well, this time I actually did run and suffer like ti was the last 8 miles of a marathon.

No worries for Barnaby...
It is all about style.
When I was training seriously for my first long race, I made this silly promise that I will not walk. Ever.
A good half-dozen of time, the only thought that allowed me to finish a planned run was this only statement. I will not walk. Now, after one year, "without walking", it is even harder to stop and walk.
It feels ridiculous to have hold this bet for so long, just to break it on a normal "training" day.
Then, I don't walk.
And I don't stop.

Gosh, this is painful :)


No comments :

Post a Comment