Friday, July 11, 2014

Why Not ?


While running this morning I was wondering why I was doing all those things. That something I appreciate, the mind wandering off while running long distances.

Worn after 560 miles

I have now more than 500 miles on those shoes. If there was anything to prove, except most of us can do it, running the Maui Marathon achieved this. Now, Why do I continue to run ?

Why do I prepare this boat and will attempt to cross the pacific? There is a lot of rational thoughts that I can use to justify this and that.
But bottom line, it comes to one thing. Because I should.

The previous owner was outfitting the boat to go to Mexico when he was struck by cancer.
If you read any book on cruisers, there is only one advice. Don't wait to be ready.
This experience will change you for ever, ready or not, then it doesn't mean anything to wait.

I think we should not hold. If we can do something we want to do, if there is the slightest chance of this to be possible, we should try. Life is short and always changing.
Lets live now. Or at least, try.

If all this sounds weird, it is because it is certainly weird.
But at less not boring. Scary,exhausting. But not boring.

Oh, by the way, I am reading a Zen book those days.
Or Not. Depends who I am. Or is it my ego typing ?
Or Not.

No comments :

Post a Comment