Sunday, July 6, 2014

Oxnard - Day 6


Obviously, I don't have 60 days working on the boat. I am mostly there on the week-ends. This one was a 3-days stretch, then more work can be done.
I am still missing parts for the clutch, then the boat is still immobilized. Anyway, I am tackling the things in order of importance - roughly.


I want to add a backing plate on those cleats.
First, I need to pull them out. Big job, accessibility is bad.
One to go.

Wanted to check this sail. Looks like a Jib, 5m x 9m x 10.5m

Removed the old autopilot.
Did not work and installation was poorly done, at best.

Tested the emergency tiller.
As my  wheel steering is still down, it might be useful :)

Halyard replacement. First try.
This one was too big.

This one was too small.
It broke.

Alright, it is up there now.

Kriss, I will have to climb the mast tomorrow.
I never look forward to this.

No comments :

Post a Comment