Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Oxnard - Day 20


Through-Hulls marathon continuing. Getting up at 6:30AM, until late night. The only stops are to run to Lowes to by more stuff. More pads. More sanding paper. More. You get the idea.
Extenuating.

Abstract sculptures in the morning.

Getting better.

After polishing, I can see that my epoxy was mixed to thin. It is still very irregular. It will another pass.
With 8 hours of drying time between each pass.

Duck tape construct.
Still fighting with my not-thick-enough glass, I am trying new ideas to to it vertically. At that point, I did not think yet to add more Silica. I know.

Adding some fiberglass mat.
This one, from the top, was in the good direction, using gravity. This looks like a surf-board repair.

Hard to see, but the connector is blue of corrosion.
No worries, this is only for the Bilge pump (???!?!!??!?!)
While it dries, I do some other smaller jobs. On the side. Like If I need a bilge pump ever.

Sculpting.

Now it is getting easier, with more Silica, I have some kind of Putty and I playing at the artist. This through-hull has to be flat.

This is not what you think it is.
A bleeding blister. This is my day. Staring at the hull.
Well, this is discouraging.

Almost there !!!

But eventually, one by one, it starts to look better. I cannot help myself. I put it, remove it. Put it back.
It looks so nice, I don't think I will paint it :)



No comments :

Post a Comment