Sunday, August 31, 2014

Oxnard - Day 29


Alright. This was my victory on 0.25" thick stainless steel backing plates.
The yard manager took pity on me, or maybe he was just bored of the noise I was making failing to drill through.
Secret is : push hard and go slowly. If the metal heats up, it goes so hard you are screwed.

Drilling the pilot holes. 1/8" drill bit, it is usually easy.

Now we are talking. 5/8" drill bit.
With the correct technique and some patience, it is actually do-able.

8 holes. 4 hours for the first 2.
20 minutes for the 6 remaining.
I learned a good skill today. Not sure if that will help me at work

Clamps for the bilge....
You always want to double clamp any hose (not sure, why, but this is one of the few constant in the marine industry). Look below and look for the error :)

Clamps for the hoses....

Closing on the plumbing. It is all about clamping hoses. Not hard, but takes time.
Believe me , it really looks neat (for a boat).(ok, for an old boat).
I am kind of auto-satisfied :)
Now, will that hold ?
Answer next week, when - if - we - eventually - manage to put the damn think back on the water.


No comments :

Post a Comment