Friday, August 22, 2014

Oxnard - Day 22


Another busy day at work, ( I mean the real work), I had only few hours on the boat actually. But...
Now, I am using super strong putty epoxy and I found the actual **almost perfect** technique for applying it top down.

Finishing Tool Set. Colorful.

Before even wet sanding. Super clean.

With a slow motion, using the spreader at the right angle, you can achieve a perfectly flat surface without even sanding. You finish with fine grain wet sanding, and Voila !

Cutting some slack

Everything was ready to go on the hull side, but when simulating the plumbing re-installation I realized some Through-hulls did not fit inside the hull. Working at night, I cut one and rebuild the thread.
I do believe my rebuild was alright, but eventually, I ad to find a close machine shop with real tools to re-thread one part of the assembly. And make a clean cut on the other one.
There is some stuff you cannot improvise without the right tool. Re-threading 1.5" bolt is not for everybody.

Now, everything is ready for the final firework of the week-end, which will be the actual installation and sealing onto the hull..


No comments :

Post a Comment