Friday, August 29, 2014

Oxnard - Day 27


While at it....
An old boat can be deceiving. As soon as you start to look closely somewhere, you realize you should/could/would  clean/replace/upgrade bits/parts/system.
Choose your combination.

While at it, I dived under the sink to replace on hose.

While I am at it, it looked I could replace those sink hoses and tubes as well. And I knew there was a leak anyway.
Alright, I have a new projects in hands...

It was actually very cheap plumbing there

Except that, most of the bronze fittings are done and ready to go. I am missing some parts and a couple of feet of hose, but it looks great.

Bilge plumbing. Engine Intake and Sink.
It is a pleasure to see it all back together, with new parts and clean bronze.

The head in the head .. fittings.
On a boat, everything is temporary, that's why new boats as so deceiving. Not sure how many years or months they will keep looking like this. Clean, new and no corrosion at all.
Something is certain, I will never forgot to work the handle every now and then.

Big test is coming. When in the water, hopefully there will no leaks. Obviously, a leak at this stage will be catastrophic. It certainly means to put back the boat out of the water, back on the yard, until you fix it. And try again.
With plumbing under the water line, there is no room for error.



No comments :

Post a Comment