Thursday, August 28, 2014

Oxnard - Day 26



Believe it or not, but I am close to the last **hardware** purchases.
I still needed a full ground tackle (30' feet chain, 200' feet 5/8" line) and the heavy part of my Jordan Suite of drogue lines (200' of 5/8" double braided line).
Even at one tenth of price from West Marine, the bill ended up in the 400$ range.

lots of big lines ...

On my way, I asked around and found a closer place to get my remaining backing plates. Tons of metal over-there, by the foot. It was a little ridiculous to ask for 2 plates of 4" x 6".
But eh, I have a small boat :)

Metal Militia. This is the small sheets.
The big ones are in the back.
On the repair front, things are slowing down during the week (real life work takes precedence) and I am running out of sizable items. Now we are back on the small stuff. Finally.

Quote of the day:

"Relax, it ain't the mainland". Maui, HI.


No comments :

Post a Comment