Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Oxnard - Day 25


Relief.
Following a check from our loved boat yard manager (I still like him, he did not bring the bill yet), my Through hulls are fine and good to go. Yeah !
We are closing on the other stuff as well.
After the back cleats, the last big one is the Eye Pads at the transom for the Jordan drogues.


Another Hole in the Wall

At this point, I am cruising on this kind of work.

Shiny Stainless

Obviously, I hate doing holes in the boat.

Starboard side, it matches with the transom  LED light.
The eye pads came with a small backing plate. I am thinking about doubling it though, because I find my transom to be actually quite think glass. I would not like it to be teared apart in a big swell.
In doubt, let's err on the caution side.

After this, a big round will be on plumbing, and great news, we are planning to be on the water before the end of the week. Just in time for the 3 day week-end.


Quote of the day:

"When I leave for work (On Monday morning), I feel like I am going on Vacation".




No comments :

Post a Comment