Sunday, October 26, 2014

Best Birthday gift - ever.


Alright. We not get any younger.
Today is my birthday anniversary, and it is usually symbol of festivity, party or maybe just a nice restaurant. Cheering from some friends, celebrating with family and relatives. Hugging from my girls.
Not today.
Today, I am alone and as usual, working on the boat.
I might indulge myself with a movie and ice cream tonight.
It could sound depressing. And to be frank, I begin to be tired of working on this boat and spending my night stuck ashore. And this damn engine still missing parts.
But,
This is certainly the year I have been offered the best gift ever.


Priceless ...
Not really, actually.

The gift that made possible buying, outfitting the boat. That marked the promise of the passage and down the line, incredible adventures, uncommon Hawaii shores, South Pacific in all its glory, and maybe some single handed races, who knows.
It takes a toll on the family life, savings (which savings ?), to get ready for such an adventure. I did not expect that to be so $$expensive$$ and time consuming.
Success or failure, it is certainly worth it. There are some dreams you have to try to reach.

Bora Bora Lagoon


That's why I want to thank my wife and little girl who supported me and made this possible, what ever the outcome is. Without them, it would not have been possible, of course. And they made some sacrifices too, and not only with our always shrinking budget,-  me being away for so long - it impacted us all.

Thank you, girls.
Hold on, I am coming back, and this time, aboard our sailboat !

  



No comments :

Post a Comment