Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Paranoid


.. Or not ?

Finally some good news.

Not that hot anymore.

First, I am not paranoid. I need to trust my feelings a little bit more. The engine was definitively running hot. However, removing the water filter I have added fixed the issue (or maybe that was the additional hose length - more testing will be done - time permitting). It is a nice addition to have a smaller particle filter up the intake, but by no mean mandatory. I am suspecting the boat as been operating like this for ages, it can certainly do so a little bit more.

Couple of miles offshore.

Anyway, I want for a little one hour ride outside the harbor, at a decent speed.
No wind yet, but if that get better, I am gonna leave early, and go for a sail.
I can work at night, but the wind is in the afternoon here :)

On my way to Hawaii


Overall, I am happy I have seen and isolated the issue, and eventually fixed it.
That boost the confidence a bit, and the moral as well.
It was well needed.



Enjoying my morning coffee. Very light wind. You can see some texture.
But some swell around making it a little uncomfortable when stopped.


Now the actual sailing part - FINALLY- might start.
Still a lot of things to try out:

- New Main halyard
- New Traveler ring
- Windvane setup
- ...

As usual, the list is close from infinite, but at least,
this is more fun than doing Boat Yoga in the bilge !


No comments :

Post a Comment