Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Boom Vang


Racing (again) against the time to get the most I can do before tomorrow (I am leaving for one week for business travel).
The main thing we broke during the shake down cruise was the boom vang, which went through the fiber glass.
Epoxy, here I am again...

Mixing, as usual

Hum. This one is pink ?

Not pretty, bottom side.
That will need some sanding.

Bringing the hardware,
and the new backing plate.

After sanding. It is flat,
but still pink.

All done. I guess, I will do the gelcoat another time.

Bottom side. It is tough as a 1/8" stainless steel plate.

Oh. I almost forgot, My repair for the hatch failed the water test. I might post new pictures tomorrow, but long story short, I had to remove everything, clean again and redo it.
I might have some time to test it again tomorrow morning before I leave for the airport.
I am not sure I want to know if it worked this time.
I do not think I am ready to redo it a third time.
The good aspect of it is I am going faster and faster.
And the work is better too.
Still, It is annoying :)



No comments :

Post a Comment