Thursday, October 30, 2014

D-Day - 14 : The dark days.


Dark days.
A really cool song from Coal Chamber. Let's give it a spin while writing this.
Well. I was hesitating to start this fuel job. Eventually, I told myself, if I do it, I do it now, while I still have some time if something goes wrong.
Well. Smart and not that smart.

freaking mess in the cockpit. Tons of bags full of fuel.
Already used 4 rolls of paper, and counting....


I got carried over with my change of water pump that went pretty well, and I am 90% convinced it is working alright (hard to be sure when the engine does not start, but only cranks).
Anyway, three days now I am living in the middle of the diesel fumes, the boat fully open - and it begins to be cold at night. Between this and the mess of the tools and the diesel spills everywhere, moral is quite low.

Experimental system with an a small electric lift pump.
Works well to give me some cues about where the system is failing.

This preparation would have been always like that, one step forward, 2 steps backwards, a real roller coaster. Now, we are at 2 weeks of the departure, I am on the verge of being stuck in the marina this week end again, and the engine does not start.
I have a mechanic coming on Saturday morning. Hopefully, he is a genius and will figure it out pretty quick, without asking to change the full fuel system.


This whole thing is giving me an headache, literally.


No comments :

Post a Comment