Thursday, December 20, 2012

Bloating


Past couple of weeks, I have been swimming a lot. I still prefer to run, but swimming has been good to me. Until today. Good, because I do believe it helped to strength my abs and glutes, in a gentle but constant way. Plus, it is a good endurance activity that is not hard on the joints. And here, pools are free, and open sky. And free of sharks.

Laps booster

Anyway, today, I tried to "push it a little bit" and swam faster than usual. I ended up to have very painful stomach cramps like 10 minutes after the swim. Some Googling after, I ran to the pharmacy and buy this:

Life saver.

I literally crawl into the pharmacy, curved by pain. Took two pills and two minutes after, was totally relieved.
What happened here ?

Breathing. Seems to be a common issue in swimmer-to-become. If you are not relax, or your swimming /breathing patterns are not perfect, (Inhale and exhale slowly - under and above the water. In the correct order).  you may eat Air, Literally. You will take air into your stomach. Always thought this pain was because drinking too much of the pool. Well, it could be. But this one was for real.

Up Country pool

Breath. Breath In. Breath Out. Breath In. Breath Out.
Attaboy.

No comments :

Post a Comment