Thursday, December 27, 2012

The end of an Era


We are close to the end of 2012. I am quite happy with my perseverance. Goals are nowhere close to be achieved, however, I do believe I am now ready to start work on those.


"Persistence is one of the most praised traits of people pursuing success — at anything. We’ve all heard inspirational stories of someone who continually failed at a pursuit, yet persisted undeterred until the goal was achieved". Brendan Brazier.


I am fittest than ever I have been. Even if I still feel time to time this pain in the groin, I know believe I have the tools to eventually get rid of it entirely, and overall, I reached a level of training I was not capable 3 month ago. I can swim for at least 50 minutes, run for more than one hour and kite or surf for a decent one hour and half. I think I have now the tools that will allow me to pursue my dreams.
To be comfortable in double overhead conditions.

Kanaha on a Big day



"We were fine with not having dreams. We’d come to the conclusion long ago that dreaming about something was never going to make it happen. However we were not okay with not having goals. Goals that excited us, goals that we genuinely wanted to achieve. Which is why, five years later, we are circumnavigators."
Bumfuzzle - Just Out Looking For Pirates by Patrick Schulte


For the time being, it is likely I will do a quick retrospective of those past month and summarize the key points that made me evolve.

Hookipa sunset


Next year would be a different story.

No comments :

Post a Comment