Saturday, December 1, 2012

(relatively) Easy Diet explained (1) : Fears (5)



My last fear was to be unable to eat some food I really like. Pims. Salami. Cheese. Red Wine.
Well, I guess it depends which kind of diet do you decide to choose, but overall, there is common truth:

If you eat well 95% of the time, what you will do with the other 5% does not really matter. 

No need to go crazy and become a zealot of the food. 
Here is one reference, relatively balanced:





I think you can go safely with this plan and do not count calories at all. I would swap proteines and fat  and keep carbs low, but this is another discussion all together.

Myself, I decided to count calories because I liked the idea of understand the food nutrition values. Now, I am still doing it out of an habit. I do believe that counting calories allows me to bends those "servings" numbers in any direction and still meet my quota. I do think it is important to count calories for Fat and Proteins and Carbs, because those food are usually richer than they look (certainly the fat ones), at least until you know those quantities well enough.

However my point is : I eat a little bit of everything. Nothing is Off limit. The only rules that really apply:

Eating, Tasting and Gluttony are three different things. 

There is the food you eat, the one you taste. No room for gluttony !

Sorry, there is no place for gluttony in a diet :)




No comments :

Post a Comment