Friday, December 21, 2012

Cemetery or new life after life ?


Couple of weeks ago, I profited of a trip in the bay to go see our boat, Mobylette. She is still lying aground, in Napa, waiting to be sold.
Took some pictures. I feel sad.

The boat yeard



Old boats, new boats, fiberglass lives forever

Mobylette, covered in seagulls pooh

I really would like to think I will have the time to put her back on the water and sail her to Maui. That would be quite a trip. In factm, that remembers me this quote:





“The danger is that other idiots may see this story as a recipe for taking off across oceans without basic knowledge, common sense, or a well-prepared vessel.” This theme was often repeated in the online cruising forum community, and was applauded by many. Well, the truth is, we hope that this book will do just that. I like to think of it as idiot encouragement. Take a chance in life. Set a goal for yourself and make it happen."

Bumfuzzle - Just Out Looking For Pirates by Patrick Schulte

No comments :

Post a Comment