Saturday, November 8, 2014

D-Day - 5 : This is the final countdown



The focus is now to load the boat with food and supply, and for this to organize things a little better.
My strategy was to reorganize the huge space under the cockpit, ideally to move all the sails from under the v-Berth into this space,
And create some free room for the trash to come.

First, I had to mount blockers on the hull, as I did not want to drill directly into it.

Quick Epoxy glue for the initial setup

Stick It, and let it dry.

Another epoxy mixture,
I thought last time was the last time !

It is ugly, no time to sand.
But it is hard as steel...

Now I can drill into the blocks,
and add the nets,

Eventually, I am surprised how much stuff I can put.
There is even free space !
Now, that I have free room, timer to run to Costco
and grab the "survival package"

Still plenty of room left here too.
I am gonna get another 6 gallons of water tomorrow

Once I moved all the sails under the cockpit, I had plenty of space for the food and water. This is not the final list of groceries, but the backup, in case the trip takes longer than expected.
I counted around 80 meals - won't be good, but it will work, and 12 gallons of water (on top of the 90 we carry in the tanks).
We are almost ready for an all around the world !

I took the time for a very nice sail this afternoon, mostly to test the engine consumption.
I motored in the same direction for almost 2 hours using different engine regimes.
Now, I have to do the math and find the ideal ratio distance/consumption.


SoCal does not get better than this.
Notice the extra diesel jerrycans...

The downwind sail - after 2 hours of motoring - was gorgeous.

This is not final final round, but actually, I could leave now.
The boat is ready.


No comments :

Post a Comment