Friday, November 21, 2014

Jungle




You must be kidding me.
In one month (and a couple of weeks), the grass grew up to the hip.
And it is not even winter yet.

Flourishing Hawaii
I am glad to be home, and after being on the boat so long, I realized it was good to be ashore time to time.
Actually, I understand better the people who spend a lot of time on the boat, but still keep somewhere a place they can come back time to time.
Living on a boat (a small boat) is a little bit like camping. Going to the shower, to the bathroom, is an adventure. Doing groceries. Bringing back groceries. Cooking. Sleeping when there is wind, or rain. Or when it is cold. Or hot.
You get the point.
It is exhilarating as everything needs full attention. It is very Buddhist, in some way.  You always are focused on exactly what you are doing. nothing more , nothing less.
But that makes it quite exhausting too.
We are used to comfort and amenities. I still believe we adapt extremely well.
The human nature.
But for now, I am enjoying the comfort from home - if gardening and mowing the law matches this definition.


No comments :

Post a Comment