Sunday, November 9, 2014

Day D - 4 : Do you want to live forever ?


The actual yelling was way more colorful, it seems.
" "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?" from Daniel Daly.


Shame on me, I only knew the Starship trooper version.

Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?

I really like this saying as it both remind you , that you won't live forever anyway, and that you might have to do something inspirational do get remembered forever.
Obviously, this is not my goal, I am not that narcissistic.
However, everything that makes sense for me now, I had somehow to take risks for it.
And at the moment of truth, moment of jump-in, I usually think about this phrase.

Do not get me wrong. There are risks and risks. I firmly believe that the risk of being lost at sea during this trip is infinitesimal. Specially if you take the precaution to stay attached to the boat at all times.  The risk of being hit by a storm that might actually sink the boat is almost null.

However, loosing the boat at sea is more probable, even if the probability is really low, in my opinion. And the main reason is that crew usually breaks before the boat. And call for a rescue.
Then, you actually sink your own boat, for it non to become at hazard at sea.

Fears ? Yes. I strongly believe - this is a common saying as well - that fear is good. This is what makes you feel alive and what will makes you stay alive in danger. However, you do not want to succumb to it, and this is when you need some courage to go over it.

Most of the "achievable dreams" take risks to reach. By their intrinsic nature. You do not have to try for it, but if you do, you  will have to take some risks.
Hopefully calculated risks.
but risks nevertheless.



No comments :

Post a Comment