Tuesday, November 25, 2014

New Challenges



As usually, I cannot really stay still. I need always something to drive me on.
As the boat will be not in Maui for another 4 months at least, I decided to go back in shape (yeah, I know, I took a 4 or 5 pounds since last year) and to start toward one of my personal running goal, i.e. run a marathon on each Hawaiian island.
The only one that really fit the bill in a time frame that is acceptable, is on Big Island, and it looks like a cool one too.




March 15th , 2015


I decided to use my previous training sheet, maintain a rough 28 miles a week until 2 months before the race, and then go up in mileage.

28 miles/week.

As for the diet, the recommended maximum is 500 cal / day outside the last phase of preparation, and no more than 200 cal in the last weeks.
It should bring me back to a light 145 pounds for the race, or less.
My usual tactic is simple, maintain an intake around 2000 cal/day, which is more than I need without training but matches my eating habits - it might be while I am gaining weight when I am not training intensively - and do a sport activity almost every day - usually 500 to 600 calories.
It matches one hour of training / day, running or swimming.
I will assume kiting and surfing fits this bill too.
Long run just add to flavor, as usually, you burn 2 or 3 times this amount.

I am in way better shape than one year ago, when I started for my first marathon, then I expecting to be able to go under the 4 hours for this one, but I do not set this as a goal - yet.
I stick to my principles.
Don't hurt yourself, Don't walk and finish it  :)


No comments :

Post a Comment