Wednesday, November 5, 2014

D-Day - 8. Living in a box



Now that the amount of things to do is going down, I have more time to think, and I begin to realize the enormity of the task ahead. The passage itself.
Of course, you don't want to see the whole picture.
This is daunting.
Like my first big wave.
Or my first Kitesurfing session.

You do it one step at a time.

You paddle out.
You turn around.
You drop.
You prey.

In any case, if you get caught in the full picture, this is daunting.

Maybe this is the weather that do not seem to be cooperating (no wind forecast..), the sat phone data I cannot get to work on my PC.

Who thoughts in 2015 that connecting a modem 2600 bauds to a PC would be an issue ?
Even a Satellite based modem.
Trying on Mac now.


The last minute switch to WeFax and SSB Receiver.
Or the chilly inside temperature (boat are not insulated - at all).
The change of daylight zone.

The VBerth.
The biggest part of the box.

Not sure, but this night, I got up really early, impossible to sleep.

Still bigger than those one.
We are in America, everything is bigger :)

And they was no Aerosmith playing.
I had really the feeling to live in a box.

I guess the fundamental fears are crawling in.
Like my first marathon. You train as hard as you can.
And you prey it will be enough.
Then you go.
And while you run, you only feel the pain, not the fears :)


No comments :

Post a Comment