Friday, November 9, 2012

Consciousness

In this part 3.1 on the awareness resolution, I want to improve my consciousness.
I said 3.1, because I will try to do smaller posts, and following the Nintendo Rule, you can expect 3.2 and 3.3. At least.

Consciousness is pretty vague, I concede.
Maui is an island that bring you closer from the nature, and I want to be conscious of my surrounding, and my impact of the world.
Maui famous windmills


Mobylette, our boat, was an attempt to reduce our "footprint". I still do believe that cruising is wonderful way of living in close relationship with the ocean, earth, and limit our global consumption of Gaia - The living earth.

Sailing the bay

And, when I can, limit indirect damage caused my my nutrition.


Or my indirect indirect impact on the world itself. Because those cows, they found a quite a funny way to make us pay for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factory_farming


Concentrating large numbers of animals in factory farms is a major contribution to global environmental degradation, through the need to grow feed (often by intensive methods using excessive fertiliser and pesticides), pollution of water, soil and air by agrochemicals and manure waste, and use of limited resources (water, energy).[64]
Livestock production is also particularly water-intensive in indoor, intensive systems. Eight percent of global human water use goes towards animal production, including water used to irrigate feed crops.[64]

Looks like a big Mikado game.


I dont consider me as vegan, but if I can choose, I will pay more, and eat less of meat, and get it from  organic food stores.

Lucky us, we have a wonderful one in Paia, Surf Town , Maui.

Mana shop, all organic, and pretty cheap


I guess it was symbolic that tonight, we saw, all together, as a family ... The Lorax.




Myself, i just speak for my conscience.


And as a member of SurfRider, a little bit for the ocean too.


No comments :

Post a Comment