Monday, November 19, 2012

Gear sacrifice - Part 2


Lanes does not forgive. One time I drop my good old 5'8'' and the god of strapless punish me. The board vaporized. Disappeared. Eaten by a shark or a turtle. One blink. Did not even see it popping up again of the white water. it was not even that big, 4-6 feet max. Ouch. That spot does not forgive.

See the reef ? You will see very close if you want to launch here. Very close.

You will have to walk on it being pulled by your kite in wind going from 8 to 30 knots, holding your board in one hand. Booties recommended. Skills recommended.


Anyway, it seems that going back to strap was a bad idea.
Listen to the signs. This one was a pretty big one. Did not lost a board since at least 2 or 3 years. Decided to go back with straps, second session, Zip.  I am back on my brand new strapless 5'11''.


Beautiful. How long  can I keep it ?


Yeah. That's me when I have a big tan and let me hair grow. 
I have the same board though.

Now, the question: Leash or no leash ? Would you prefer to lose another board (500$) or get scalped by a fin in the surf (priceless) ?
Answer next session.

No comments :

Post a Comment