Sunday, November 4, 2012

Why you should do the dishes more often ?


"The Dishwasher". Cannot believe this is the name of a video game.


The obvious answer should be because it is lower your water and electricity consumption :)
Specially when your hot water is solar based. But because not anyone can live in a place where hot water is solar based, the real answer is because, it is meditative. I think my greatest ideas came doing the dishes. Like this blog. Some could argue, I could do a real 30 min meditation, uncomfortably sitting and as buddhish as I could (My wife could argue), but I prefer washing the dishes.

Yeah, I know, scary, isn't it ?


By the way , Did you read SaltWater Buddha ?

You should. Before the movie waste all the magic.



Let s go back to the purpose of this blog. I am pretty sure you forgot already. Lets resume.
Looking at the post of last week, before this little blog vacation:


I want:
- To kite better
- To surf  bigger
- To sail further


I need
- A Fix for my hip-flexors
- More paddle power , More stamina, More water time
- Find a way to prepare our boat and to practice on it


Well, how do I accomplish that ?
As you remarked, everything goes by 3. (Nintendo rule)

Everything goes by 3. Yeah !


Here are my 3 keys of success:

- Awareness
- Fitness
- Faithfulness

Ok, it was not easy to find 3 terms that ends with 'ness'.  I thought about the Lochness Monster, but it was irrelevant.
Nessie. Or a worm in a bathtub. You decide.


Each of those sub divide in 3 other basic principles

-Awareness
        - Attention to the body
        - Self Education
        - Consciousness

- Fitness
        - Nutrition
        - Body wellness
        - Cross training

- Faithfulness
        - Trust
        - Belief
        - Focus


3 times 3, 9, 3 times 9, 999, 666, The number of the beast.

Did i just say "FOCUS"  ??!!??

Now we are done with the conceptual stuff, we will see how that applies in practice to those goals and resolutions. Remember, I am a pragmatic person, with an engineering background. Maybe I am a poet or a philosopher as well. Maybe, but unlikely ;)


On the way to the illumination...


2500 Miles from Hawaii to California. Not there yet.

No comments :

Post a Comment