Tuesday, November 27, 2012

(relatively) Easy Diet explained (1) : Fears (1)



For now on, I will go over what I consider a successful diet in my case.(roughly 20 pounds in less than 3 months, and not fighting it .. too much). Not sure if that applies to anyone else, but I do not see why not.
I will keep those posts simple and to the point, for a change. Shorter.

Personally, I had some fears starting a diet.

- First, It was my first diet ever. Never been there. Fear of change. What would happen ?
- Second, I was afraid to be in pain. Starving pain mostly.
- Third, I was afraid of telling people. Being on a diet is sooooo NOT cool.
- Fourth, that I will not be able to eat the food I like, fat cheese and sugary cookies.

Phony.


Well, I think it is ok to be afraid ;). It makes you feel alive !



ps: Told you it was getting shorter ;)

2 comments :

  1. What about not calling it a "diet", it removes most of the fear and the stereotypes attached to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How would you call it ?
    What is funny is "diet" means two things: the type of food intake and the fact of limiting the food intake. In french, "alimentation" and "regime", two different words. A change of "life style" is quite scary too, when made consciously.

    ReplyDelete